Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Time

It's been a long while since I updated my blog. Of late I've been reading about the happenings back home and it pains me to see how messed up things are...

From far away I watch you,
I grumble when you take a wrong step.
I Complain when someone wrongs you,
Coz I believe they wrong me.

I hate it when you lose a game
I am jubiliant when you win,
I cheer for you when you fight a war,
I mourn your every loss

I love the way you entertain the world
how you sing and dance and make merry
How I wish you'd draw the line there
and not regale them with how you make money

Yes, they looted you,
I know you were plundered
but that is still no excuse
to cover up every blunder

when people questioned my loyalty to you,
some even called me a deserter
I reasoned, the heart is where loyalty should be
I see no reason to wear it on my sleeve

So many times you faltered,
and I stood by watching calmly,
Hoping that things would get right
that eventually, all would be well

Now I know, it's not up to you,
but to me , to come to you,
to force you, to steer you,
to make you right all wrongs

It's time to show the world
you're not all about elephants,
rope tricks, snake charmers and liars
Or maye customer care and software

It's time to bring back that land,
where truth prevailed,
where people were valued more,
where love conquered all

No comments: